Friday, November 4, 2011

Must see Movie list

So even though this is a homemaker blog, I also am a big fan of movies and television so there will be some blogs dealing with entertainment.

As we head into the rush of the busy holiday season, if you find yourself needing a break from the craziness, need a little "me time" or are looking for some quality time with friends/spouse...Here is my list of must see movie releases...

~J. Edgar November 9th

I am a huge DiCaprio fan. (Inception anyone??) He is one modern actor that I can compare with the amazing actors of Hollywood's golden years. He has depth and chooses fantastic movies to star in. In my opinion his body of work is unmatched. No one even comes close, so any movie he stars in I can't wait to see. Especially when it is a period piece. I LOVE anything that is a period piece. (Think shows like Boardwalk Empire or Mad Men).

Hoover was the first director of the FBI and was the most feared man in Washington. He had files on the public AND private lives of everyone from politicians to Hollywood super stars, but his own personal life and many secrets could ruin his career.



~The Artist November 23

I've already mentioned how I like period pieces yes? Maybe it's the history buff in me, but I love the old clothes, the old cars, the old mannerisms, etc. So what could be better than "The Artist"?

Nowadays with so many movies the same...what could be more original than a Silent Modern Film? I'm amazed this hasn't been done sooner! Granted this may not be for everyone, but it is most definitely something DIFFERENT!



~Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol December 21

I soured on Tom Cruise after the couch jumping incident on Oprah. But, I always did like the Mission Impossible movies. Plus super cool special effects, action and an Eminem song in the trailer? What's not to love???
~The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo December 21

The book was AWESOME so I have to see the movie.
That is all.


~War Horse December 25

"Sigh". I just know this is a movie that I should not watch. But it's Spielberg and I've already heard people calling it a masterpiece.
But still...There are just certain movies that I know I should not watch and this is one of them. (Example...Marly & Me. I will NEVER watch that movie because I'm pretty sure I would never stop crying)


~The Adventures of Tintin December 21

Written by the man who did Scott Pilgrim, produced by the guy who did the Lord of the Ring movies, and directed by the man who has made some of the best movies of the past century (Spielberg)...how can it not have promise???


~My Week With Marilyn November 23

Marilyn Monroe was an amazing woman. Michelle Williams is an amazing actress. I am def. looking forward to seeing this one. And did I mention I love period pieces and anything old Hollywood??


Any other new releases that you are looking forward to? Are you excited to see any of these??






No comments:

Post a Comment